What is it? A one day training for people to develop press officer skills.
When? Friday 27th July 2018
Time? 9.30 – 5.30
Application deadline: Friday 6th July
Where? Central London
How Much? Between £0-£150 (depending on how much you/your organisation can afford)
How to apply? Fill in this form
For many of us working in comms we’re in a constant battle to get good media coverage for our organisations. Often we work alone or in small teams – and there’s no training out there specifically aimed at helping progressives improve their impact.
The Press Officer School will bring together a series of press officers in the business, journalists and a network of people who want to use media coverage to change the world.
On the day you will learn:
– The skills you need to be get coverage for your organisation or campaign.
– How to write and pitch the perfect comment piece
– How to reach new audiences
– How the broadcasters work – and how pitch stories to them.
and you will
– Meet others working in progressive comms to work with, share stories as part of the launch of NEON’s new communications hub (more on this to come)
Who should apply?
– Anyone who does press work for their organisation
– People with some (even if it’s limited) experience of press and comms work. The day will involved lots of skill sharing so we really encourage experienced press and comms people to also apply.
– people who’ve got more experience of press work and want to trade ideas and meet a collection of peers to work together on common problems
Who are the trainers?
The last training we had an editor from one of Britain’s most influential comment desks and an experienced broadcaster from the BBC, alongside press officers with over a decade of experience between them.
Who designed the course?
The course is being run by NEON with the help of press officers from some of Britain’s biggest campaigning groups, grassroots organisations and political parties. We’ve collectively booked well over 700 TV/Radio bookings on the Spokesperson Network alone and helped shift and making national stories.
What will you get out of the training?
– You’ll become part of a new network of progressive press and comms officers
– You’ll receive a press officer handbook, which we’re developing alongside the training.
– You’ll have new insight, skills and ideas on how you can be even better at what you do!
We’re really excited about it (can you tell?). So go on any apply here and forward it onto others: https://goo.gl/forms/VMVGR61QxuID6UWY2