What are cookies?
Although this Policy refers to the general term “cookie”, which is the main method used by our Site to store information, the browser’s local storage space is also used for the same purpose as cookies and we may use other tracking technologies through this website such as web beacons. As a result, the information included in this Policy is likewise applicable to all cookies and tracking technologies that we use.
You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- To let you do things on our website – for example, while you are applying to a training or making a donation, cookies remember your details and where you are in the process from page to page.
- To improve your experience of our website – for example, to hide a form if you’ve already seen it, or to prevent you having to re-enter your details when you have already done so.
- To collect anonymous statistics – the information collected by cookies enables us to improve the website through usage figures and patterns. For example, it’s really useful for us to be able to see which campaigns are the most popular and how people are interacting with them.
- Social media – if you use Twitter or Facebook, cookies can help smooth the sharing process between our site and your online feeds.
- Measuring how cost-effective our advertising is – as a non-profit organisation, we need to watch our advertising spend carefully. Cookies are used to help us see how many people who click our adverts go on to do something further (for example, signing a petition or making a donation).
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why.
|Name of cookie||Owner||Purpose for the cookie||Duration|
|ADMINDYNSRV||New Economy Organisers Network||Used to help the performance of the website.||Session i.e. the cookies expires at the end of the session when you close your browser, and is deleted.|
|DYNSRV||New Economy Organisers Network||Used to help the performance of the website.||Session|
|wordpress_test_cookie||New Economy Organisers Network||Used to help the performance of the website.||Session|
|wordpress_||New Economy Organisers Network||Used to help the performance of the website.||Session|
|wordpress_logged_in_||New Economy Organisers Network||Used to help the performance of the website.||Session|
|wordpress_test_||New Economy Organisers Network||Used to help the performance of the website.||Session|
Site cookie acceptance
Turning cookies off
If you do not wish to receive cookies through our Site, you may refuse them or alternatively delete cookies that have already been placed. Internet browsers normally accept cookies by default. However, most browsers let you turn off either all or third party cookies. What you are able to do depends on which operating system and browser you are using. Cookie preferences are usually found in the options, settings or preferences menus of your browser or mobile device. Click on the links below to find out how to change your cookie settings in:
You may opt-out of Google’s analytics cookies by visiting Google’s opt-out page here.