We are excited to launch our first regional press officer training for Manchester-based folks who do press work for organisations or campaigns; or activists who do media work.
Date: Wednesday 11th March
- Grassroots/Unpaid Organiser: Free (scholarship place)
- Small Org (annual budget circa £100k): £70
- Medium Org (annual budget circa £500k): £150
We run these sessions because for many of us working in campaigns we’re in a constant battle to get good media coverage for our organisations. Often we work alone or in small teams – and there’s no training out there specifically aimed at helping progressives improve their impact.
This training is aimed at progressive press officers from grassroots organisations, who are often unpaid for their work and want to learn basic skills needed to get media coverage for their cause or campaign. This training is for those who are newer to the job or want to refresh their skills.
What will we cover?
- Writing and pitching press releases
- Writing and pitching comment pieces (with Maya Wolfe-Robinson from the Guardian)
- Building up media contacts
- How broadcasters work.
We are particularly excited to hear from People of Colour, women, trans folk, non-binary folk and disabled people.
If you have any questions email email@example.com