What is it?
The Help Desk provides short term, ad hoc coaching, support and guidance with issues that movement organisations are facing. Drawing on the expertise of our team and our wider network of consultants and associates, we can support you in a range of areas, whether you have a specific issue that you need help with, or if you’d like time with one of our coaches to have space to think, reflect, prioritise and plan.
We can support with a broad range of issues including:
- Responding to trigger moments
- Communications – e.g. speaking in the media, advice for press officers, framing and messaging
- Structure and operations – e.g. HR, finance, governance, policies
- Movement building – e.g. strategic collaboration, organising, absorption
- Applying the learnings from our courses in your groups and movement spaces
- Coaching – space for discussion, reflection and planning
Who is it for?
This programme is available to anybody who needs support with their work towards social justice. We aim to provide support across the breadth of the movement through this programme, whatever the scale or scope of your organisation or group, or the role you play in the wider movement ecology.
How do I get help?
We want to keep it simple – fill in this form telling us who you are and what you’d like support with. We’ll review your request and arrange to speak with you either by telephone or Zoom to find out a bit more about your request. We will then aim to connect you with someone who can offer you that support – they’ll get in touch with you directly to set up a time to meet.
If your request is urgent, we aim to get back to you within 24 hours (Monday – Thursday). If it’s not urgent, we aim to get back to you within 1 week. We’re a small team and this is a manual process, so please bear with us!
If we feel that we aren’t best placed to support you with this particular issue, we’ll be in touch as soon as we can and will point you in the direction of more appropriate support where we can.
How much is it?
The costs of our programmes is as follows:
- Grassroots/community organisation – free
- Small org (annual budget circa 100k) – £40 per session
- Medium org (annual budget circa 500k) – £80 per session
- Large organisation (annual budget £2m+) – £160 per session
- Other (e.g. between brackets) – as agreed between the organisation and NEON
If the costs are a barrier to you accessing support, or you’d like to suggest an alternative contribution, there is space to let us know about this on the application form.
For more information about the programme and how to access support, check out our website here and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.